The Tennis Spot

Designed to provide news, information, opinion and insight about the great game of Tennis.

26 August 2005

Bracketology

Bracketology is the marketing name given to the studying and filling-out of the NCAA Basketball Tournament brackets, which is enormously popular in America. Four times a year I have my little version of bracketology. For the last 3 years I have filled out the draws for every Grand Slam event. It is just me so I never gamble or wager on the results, it is just for my own enjoyment. I feel like it gets me more involved in the whole tournament. I find out everyone that is in the draw. If I want I can research their previous play, look at pictures, view their results. It also gives me someone to pull for in the otherwise less-interesting matches. I have found and continue to find reasons why I enjoy doing this. All of this to say, I have filled out my bracket and am ready for the matches to begin. You can checkout the ATP's main draw preview if you need a little help filling yours out. Oh, If you need a few copies of the draw you can print from here.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home